Most recent Penguin rerun:
Dec 5-6, 2014 (probable)
Penguin rerun dates:
Note: Here is a full list of known and suspected Google algorithm updates.
- December 5 and 6, 2014 (Penguin 3.3 and Penguin 3.4) - Many SEOs
saw Penguin related changes. This was probably part of the continuing rollout of Penguin 3.0.
However, most people who saw changes saw them revert the following day. More info here and here.
- December 2, 2014 (Penguin 3.2) - This was probably a part of the continuing rollout of Penguin 3.0.
There were many reports Thanksgiving Penguin recoveries reverting back. More info here.
- November 27, 2014 (Penguin 3.1) - Although this was considered part of the continuing rollout of Penguin 3.0, this was a
BIG refresh that affected a lot of Penguin hit sites. It happened on Thanksgiving day and was confirmed as a tweak of Penguin 3.0 by Google. More.
- October 17, 2014 (Penguin 3.0) - After waiting for a full year, Google finally refreshed Penguin. This was a refresh and not an update. Google
ran this refresh in order to help site owners who had been diligently cleaning their links. However, there were many cases of
sites that should have recovered but did not. Initially Google said that this
refresh was over after a day, but then they said it would take a while longer to roll out. No fixed end was given to the rollout
of Penguin 3.0 but we believe it continued to roll out into December and possibly longer. More info
- October 4, 2013 (Penguin 2.1) - This was a big rerun of Penguin. There were many cases of sites
getting hit but few recorded cases of recovery. More.
- May 22, 2013 (Penguin 2.0) - This update affected a lot of sites negatively. There were not many reported cases of recovery. More info
here and here.
- October 5, 2012 (Penguin 1.2 or Penguin 3) - Yeah, the naming is confusing. Some people called this Penguin 3 because it was the third Penguin
rerun. But, when Google announced the next run of Penguin they called it Penguin 2.0, so really, this iteration should be Penguin 1.2. Again, lots of sites were
negatively affected and not many recovered. More here.
- May 25, 2012 (Penguin 1.1 or Penguin 2) - This refresh happened just over a month after Penguin's initial launch. It didn't affect a lot of sites,
but almost every site that was affected was affected negatively. More.
- April 24, 2012 (Penguin 1.0) - Penguin launches. Google announced it as a means to fight webspam. More.
More helpful info on Penguin:
Need help with Penguin? Contact Marie Haynes.